21st May 2012
On 21st May 2012 The Good Food Guide announced the ten regional winners in its prestigious Readers’ Restaurant of the Year Awards.
A record 44,500 food-loving members of the public put forward their favourite restaurants, pubs and cafés from around the UK for the annual awards, either via postcards or online.
The Good Food Guide award judges have sifted through all the nominations to pick the winners and celebrate some of the best dining experiences around the country.
The ten regional winners are:
- East of England – Maison Bleue, Bury St Edmunds, Suffolk
- London – Charlotte’s Place, Ealing
- Midlands – The Bluebell, Henley-in-Arden, Warwickshire
- North East – Van Zeller, Harrogate
- North West – Grenache, Manchester
- Northern Ireland – Mourne Seafood Bar, Belfast
- Scotland – Ubiquitous Chip, Glasgow
- South East – Jeremy’s Restaurant, W Sussex
- South West – The Swan, Wedmore, Somerset
- Wales – Y Polyn, Carmarthen
Elizabeth Carter, Consultant Editor of The Good Food Guide, said of this year’s regional winners: 'They really are a stellar bunch. Each restaurant is testament to the great dining scene around the UK and we heartily congratulate them all. Of course, what makes these awards so special is that they are based on feedback from The Good Food Guide readers - the people who are out there eating and enjoying food every day – what higher compliment could there be?’
To qualify for these esteemed awards, aimed at championing local neighbourhood eateries, restaurants needed to be independently run and offer regional or local produce where possible.
Of the ten regional winners from around the UK, one will go on to be named as the overall The Good Food Guide Readers’ Restaurant of the Year. The winner of this esteemed award will be announced on 20th June 2012.
Copyright © The Good Food Guide. All rights reserved. Registered in England no. 05900390. VAT no. 886272875